marți, 10 decembrie 2013

Photography, teenagers and art therapy

Anna Konik. An artist of whose artworks I saw on line. Looking at her photos I felt inspired and motivated somehow: they are simple, real, from the realm of our every day life.

Looking at Anna Konic's website I thought of making a seminar in a small city in south of Italy for teenagers. About images and artworks, about using a camera and understanding the world around as well as building themselves; how art can help them, how camera is a tool of inermedaing with their fears and motivate their ambitions.

Few lines about my first impression of Anna's website:
Grey squares, not so nice really, quite cheap web design, but inside....inside there are some shiny things (shiny for me, I suppose). I look at the photos and the extra videos, the appendixes - I always like to see what is not meant to be seen first: Hair, remains, old buildings - empty spaces, faces, boredom, poverty on faces, drunk. I look also on her CV and in a movie of herself: slim, modest, eastern european happyness of joining 'the world.' To me she looks determined, well organised. She likes to fill in her CV evvvvery single scholarship she took, evvrry single project she thought of, evvery seminar she held, and every other things. I am not going to make a list of her 'every.' (inner thought:  instead, I should make a list of my every!) But just to remark that in this obsessive reference to herself, one can read a certain joy of bringing up to the end some ideas and projects that people in general have. she not only had them, she also filled them, ticked them scrupulously.
How many passions artists have except art?
what?!
She seems to have. she made theatre, she participated and joined some/ various groups of therapy, she likes mountain climbing and extreme experiences, recollection, narrativity, she is interested in people and people's problems like 'being a migrant' , or 'a poor woman in a rich suburb of a wealthy town.' she seems to have always the camera turned on.

To me, she seems that she could have been many other things other than being an artist.
I like glimspes of her work. I fear the phenomenologists' part, the one where she reffers to big names and their proximity in that special place in Berlin. I cannot stop thinking how was that place in 1938 two years before the climax? let's go back to likings. I like the anthropological and human touch of her projects, and the imperfection of their presentation in the following site:
http://www.annakonik.art.pl/




Niciun comentariu: